I am an RN working in Dialysis for seven years now. Currently I work full time in Peritoneal Dialysis(Home Therapies) and per diem in Hemodialysis- Chronic and Acutes. I offer Dialysis Options. Most of my time in Dialysis has been in Chronic(out Patient) Hemodialysis. I have been a Nurse for about 20 years and although my time in Dialysis has only been one 3rd of my Nursing career I have totally immersed myself into this science & can definitely see myself connected to Dialysis for the rest of my Nursing career and beyond.

Search Joe Dialyzer

Monday, March 29, 2010

FMC- Patient Champion Series

I wanted to share some of these awesome human stories that FMC has shared with me.

         Mary Ann Milo is a 39-year-old dialysis patient who lives in Avondale, Ariz. Mary Ann was diagnosed with kidney disease at the age of two, and her kidneys lost all function by the time she was nine. At that point, she started her first round of peritoneal dialysis. Her first transplant, from her father, lasted 12 years but eventually failed. Then she returned to peritoneal dialysis. She was able to get a second transplant that lasted up until three years ago, and is now currently on in-center hemodialysis at Fresenius Medical Care Avondale.
Despite her ups and downs, Mary Ann’s mission in life is to bring happiness to those around her and help patients on dialysis. Mary Ann has taken great interest in educating other patients about dialysis, and she created a patient council that meets every month. She has also volunteered to be a patient representative at her clinic. Mary Ann is very dedicated to her treatment program, and has even learned to help set up her own dialysis treatment at the clinic.
Mary Ann is a fourth-grade teacher at Freedom Elementary School located in Buckeye, Ariz., where she has taught for nine years. Prior to teaching, she volunteered at the Geisinger Medical Center where she worked with pediatric dialysis patients. Mary Ann loves to hike, travel, and remain as active as possible. Mary Ann is planning a vacation to visit her sister in El Paso this year, and intends to study nursing with a focus in nephrology. 
https://www.ultracare-dialysis.com/engine/renderpage.asp?pid=s1581
  

No comments: