I am an RN working in Dialysis for seven years now. Currently I work full time in Peritoneal Dialysis(Home Therapies) and per diem in Hemodialysis- Chronic and Acutes. I offer Dialysis Options. Most of my time in Dialysis has been in Chronic(out Patient) Hemodialysis. I have been a Nurse for about 20 years and although my time in Dialysis has only been one 3rd of my Nursing career I have totally immersed myself into this science & can definitely see myself connected to Dialysis for the rest of my Nursing career and beyond.

Search Joe Dialyzer

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FMC- Patient Champion Series


                                                         I wanted to share some of these awesome human stories that FMC has shared with me.


Marlene Meza, a 62 year-old dialysis patient in Miami, is not afraid anymore. When first diagnosed with end-stage kidney disease in June 2009, Marlene did not know what life had in store for her. What she did know was that she wanted to continue working, traveling and spending lots of time with her family. After going through Fresenius Medical Care’s educational Treatment Options Program (TOPs), Marlene realized there was a dialysis treatment that fit her future goals perfectly. Today, she receives peritoneal dialysis through the home treatment program at Fresenius Medical Care Homestead.
Marlene's nurse says she is a big help and enjoys talking to new dialysis patients about their treatments. She offers them hope and reassures them that there are different treatment options for kidney disease that allow for flexible and fulfilling lifestyles. With seven children, 19 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, it is not hard to understand why Marlene would want exactly that.
Marlene believes that anything is possible with the help of family and doctors. For her, home dialysis has been the answer. She continues to work at Goodwill Industries, where she has been employed for 16 years. In May, Marlene is planning an extended trip home to Nicaragua. Until then, she is busy planning the next family dinner, where all 32 members of her family will get together to eat and enjoy each other’s company.
 

No comments: