I am an RN working in Dialysis for seven years now. Currently I work full time in Peritoneal Dialysis(Home Therapies) and per diem in Hemodialysis- Chronic and Acutes. I offer Dialysis Options. Most of my time in Dialysis has been in Chronic(out Patient) Hemodialysis. I have been a Nurse for about 20 years and although my time in Dialysis has only been one 3rd of my Nursing career I have totally immersed myself into this science & can definitely see myself connected to Dialysis for the rest of my Nursing career and beyond.

Search Joe Dialyzer

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Patient Champion Series: I wanted to share some of these awesome human stories that FMC has shared with me.

Age 43 • Saginaw, Mich. • Featured on March 19, 2010
The More You Do, The Better You Feel
Anthony Lee is a 43-year-old dialysis patient from Saginaw, Mich., who loves spending quality time with his family and staying active. Lee was first diagnosed with diabetes, with the end result being the failure of his kidneys. He received a kidney transplant that lasted until three years ago, and he has been on dialysis ever since.
Anthony is a busy father with two teenage daughters, and he recently decided to transition from in-center hemodialysis to home hemodialysis with Fresenius Medical Care Saginaw Riverside. He will soon start dialyzing at home and is looking forward to the flexibility and independence that home treatment will give him.
Anthony likes relaxing at home and going to church to be around positive people. He also loves being active with his daughters and enjoys playing basketball. He’s a believer in the saying, “the more you do, the better you feel,” and encourages other patients to become more active and live life to the fullest. He wants to help his fellow patients understand how CKD affects their body, and the importance of following their treatment program.

No comments: