I am an RN working in Dialysis for seven years now. Currently I work full time in Peritoneal Dialysis(Home Therapies) and per diem in Hemodialysis- Chronic and Acutes. I offer Dialysis Options. Most of my time in Dialysis has been in Chronic(out Patient) Hemodialysis. I have been a Nurse for about 20 years and although my time in Dialysis has only been one 3rd of my Nursing career I have totally immersed myself into this science & can definitely see myself connected to Dialysis for the rest of my Nursing career and beyond.

Search Joe Dialyzer

Friday, April 9, 2010

Patient Champion Series: I wanted to share some of these awesome human stories that FMC has shared with me.

Age 33 • Tampa, Fla. • Featured on March 23, 2010
Nighttime Dialysis Allows Patient to Dream Big

Tanysha Pitts, a 33-year-old Tampa, Fla., resident, is living her dream, and likes to spread the word that anything is possible on dialysis. Tanysha, who has had kidney failure for almost 20 years as a result of a case of prolonged strep throat, is an in-center nighttime dialysis patient at Fresenius Medical Care Tampa North. Her unique treatment schedule (dialyzing overnight), which she began in 2008, has enabled her to pursue her education as a full-time medical student at Sanford Brown Institute.
Tanysha's dedication to her studies as medical assistant and to her dialysis treatment inspires patients and staff alike at her facility. Her passion for the medical field and her goal to one day work with people with chronic illnesses stems from her personal experience with kidney disease. Tanysha says she sees many young people starting dialysis who feel their lives have changed forever, but she is there to tell them a different story. Tanysha talks to her fellow patients about their dialysis treatment options and encourages them to try the nighttime program, sharing her success on the treatment plan and how they can fulfill their own dreams.
Tanysha will graduate from Sanford Brown Institute with her medical assistant certification in late March 2010, and plans on pursuing another degree in nursing or social work. In addition to school, Tanysha enjoys cooking, spending time with her friends, volunteering at various organizations and attending church services.

No comments: